Guidelines for Manuscript Submission
All manuscripts must be typewritten in Ukrainian or English.
Required Word Counts – not less 20,000 characters with spaces and not more 40,000 characters with spaces.
Manuscripts must follow the necessary requirements and contain the following elements:
UDC – is given on a separate line, to the left of the information block about the authors.
Information about the author (authors) is given to the right above the title of the publication (align the text right) – the name and surname; line below - academic degree and academic rank; position(s), places of work (full name); country, ORCID ID. All information is given in the nominative case. The name of the author (s) is highlighted in bold and italics.
The title of the publication is to be written in capital letters in one paragraph (center text-align).
An extended annotation in Ukrainian is placed before the text of the paper and after its title. Volume - no more than 250 words (up to 1500 characters with spaces; approximately 0.5 pages) in italics.
Keywords (from three to eight) are presented in a separate line after the annotation, with marking «Keywords» (write these two words in bold and italic).
Statement of the research problem in general and its connection with important scientific or practical tasks.
Analysis of relevant research and publications, which initiated the solution of this problem and on which the author relies; selection of previously unresolved parts of the general problem to which the article is devoted.
The purpose of the article (formulation of the goals of the article, setting the task).
Presentation of the main material of the study with a full justification of the obtained scientific results.
Conclusions and prospects for further research in a particular direction.
List of references. The listing sources must be typewritten in accordance with DSTU 8302: 2015 «Information and documentation. Bibliographic reference. General provisions and rules of compilation from bibliographic references»; References to sources in the text are typewritten as follows: [7, p. 123], where 7 is the source number according to the list of used sources, 123 is the page. References to several sources are provided simultaneously as follows: [1; 4; 8] or [2, p. 32; 9, p. 48; 11, p. 257]. References to archival sources - [15, p. 258, 231 zv.].
The receipt date typewritten in Arabic numerals, after the bibliographic list, right text-align.
Extended annotation in English (up to 1800 characters with spaces if the text of the article is not in English), which is given at the end of the text (after the List of work cited, before References) and includes the following components:
- surname and name of the author (authors) in English;
- title of the article in English (italics, in bold);
- text of the annotation (italics). Mandatory requirements for annotations in English: informative (the author(s) must not use general words); originality (the author(s) must not copy the abstract submitted in the national language); content (the author(s) must specify the main content of the article and research results); structure (the author(s) must include elements of the article such as: subject, topic, purpose, method or methodology, results, and conclusions). The text must be «spell checked» and «grammar checked»;
- the subject, topic, purpose of the work are indicated if they are not clearly specified in the title of the article. The information contained in the title of the article should not be repeated in the text of the abstract. The method (methodology) of the paper should be described if the method (methodology) has a high novelty or if they are presented as a part of the work,
- The author(s) should avoid unnecessary introductory phrases (for example, «the author of the article considers»). The academic terminology of foreign languages should be used. Abbreviations and symbols, except for commonly used ones (including academic English), are used in exceptional cases or the author(s) provide their definitions at the first use.
- list of keywords in English with subtitle Key words: (italics, in bold);
References. The bibliography in the References should be typewritten according to the International Standard for the List of International Publication Styles APA (American Psychological Association (APA) Skype), when the year of publication is given in parentheses after the author's name. References to archival sources are not included.
The author(s) can issue citations in accordance with the APA style on the site of online automatic link formation: http://www.bibme.org/apa/book-citation/manual (Generate APA citations for Books).
The listing sources, given in the language of the article, should be transliterated into Latin or, if the source name also has an English one, write it in English.
- online converter (transliteration from Ukrainian): http://translit.kh.ua/
- online converter (transliteration from Russian): http://www.translit.net.
- in the References at the end of each bibliographic record in square brackets it is necessary to specify in English the language of the original edition [in Ukrainian] [in English] [in Russian].
- Articles in electronic form are sent to e-mail: P_education@ukr.net within the period specified by the date of the next journal issue. The main text of the article (font: Times New Roman, size: 14pt, line spacing - 1.5pt; margins: top - 20 mm, bottom - 20 mm, inside - 20 mm, outside - 20 mm, footer - 12.5 mm.
- File format - .DOC, .DOCX or .RTF.
- The text should be typed without hyphenation. Paragraph indents should be formatted according to the following algorithm: select the required text; in the «Paragraph» dialog box, set the following parameters: alignment - width, indentation on the right - 0 cm., indentation on the l eft - 0 cm., spacing before - 0 pt., spacing after - 0 pt., line spacing - 1.5 lines. It is forbidden to format paragraphs with spaces and tabs.
- Scientists mentioned in the text, researchers are called in alphabetical order - M. Tarde, E. Fromm, K. Jung, K. Jaspers and others. The name is given first, followed by the scientist's last name. It is necessary to distinguish between foreign and domestic researchers.
- Create tables automatically using the menu «Table - Insert table» and number sequentially. Above the name of the table, to the right, put "Table" with the proper number (in italics). The title of the table should be given in the middle of the page symmetrically to the text, make the title bold. All tables must be referenced in the text («Table…», «In Table…»).
- Illustrations to the text should be submitted in separate files in .JPEG format with the proper number. Use Arabic numerals. References to the illustrations in the text must be given with the proper number («Fig.…», «Photo…», «Scheme…»).
When creating charts and graphs, use different varieties of the one colour to show the changes.
- When typing the text, the author(s) should follow the rules:
- to put only one space between the words.
- to remember about difference between dashes (–) and hyphens (-). A hyphen is a sign that connects parts of complex words. When the author(s) print a hyphen, it is marked with a small horizontal line (-), and is not separated with spaces from words. A dash is a punctuation mark used to denote direct speech, pauses, before it (it is), here, then, here (it) means. Dashes in the text must be separated by spaces on both sides.
- do not put a space between the degree sign, minute, second, percentage from the previous number (25°; 5'; 30''; 77%).
- to put a non-breaking space (to press Ctrl + Shift + Space simultaneously) after the mark of volumes, parts, paragraphs, paragraphs, page numbers, etc. before the next number (Vol. ; Part 23; § 5; № 34; P. 28–30); the units of measurement, included to the International system of Units, from the previous figure (45 poods; 150 UAH; 32 km; 6 million; 45 thousand).
- to type a non-breaking space between the initials and surname (V. A. Lavrenov); abbreviations (etc.), before names and surnames (P. Natalka, named after V. Vynnychenko).
- To type abbreviations like 1980s, 2nd type with a non-breaking hyphen (to press buttons Ctrl + Shift + Hyphen simultaneously).
- Use quotation marks like « ».
- The apostrophe should look like this ’.
- Use Arabic or Roman numerals.
- To type the dates without spaces and to use a non-breaking space before such words as «centuries»: the XV – XVIII If the dates are given in parentheses, do not write any words (1945–1947). It is necessary to put «s» without a non-breaking space after the decades: 1940-60s. The years that do not coincide with the calendar, must be typewritten with a slash (2017/2018 school year; 2012/13 budget year).
- Time and numerical intervals must be given with dashes without spaces (July-August; 36-44).
- The article must be accompanied by an author statement which indicates the surname, name, patronymic (full); academic degree, academic rank, position, place of work, telephone numbers, e-mail address. All information is provided in Ukrainian and English.
- Articles whose authors do not have a scientific degree are accepted, assuming there is a co-author with a scientific degree.
Review procedure for manuscripts
- The Editorial Board will not consider articles that do not meet the above requirements.
- The Editorial Board has the right to cut and revise the submitted materials. Unpublished articles, as well as electronic media and illustrations are not returned to the author.
- The author is responsible for the content of the article, the accuracy of facts, quotations, dates, etc.
- The decision on the possibility of acceptance for publication is based on the results of the review, which takes place in three stages (the editorial board informs the author(s) separately about the results of the review at each stage, and each subsequent stage of the review is carried out only if the previous one is passed):
- Technical review (10 days).
- Checking the text for plagiarism (10 days).
- «Double blind» review (20 days).
The names and e-mail addresses provided by the users of the submission system of this journal will be used exclusively for the performance of internal technical tasks of this journal; they will not be distributed and transferred to any third party.